Learn From Your Peers
We are grateful to have such wonderful, innovative customers at Cosential. In these sessions they will be sharing their insights, lessons learned and best practices. Hear about some of the innovative ways your peers are solving common challenges with Cosential. Use what you learn here to improve results for your entire firm.
Please note: This event is open to current Cosential users only. If you are not a current Cosential user, your registration will be removed from the event and you will not be given access to attend. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have! Please contact us with any questions you have.
Day 5 – Wednesday May 13, 2020
12:00pm - 1:00pm (CDT)
Using Data for Competitive Advantage
Presented by Brandy Wilkins & Courtney Kearney, CPSM
Marketing Database Manager – Layton Construction, Principal/Owner – CKearney Consulting
Set your firm apart by getting a firm grip on your data.
Join Layton Construction’s Marketing Database Manager, Brandy Wilkins, with CKearney Consulting’s Principal/Owner Courtney Kearney Wednesday, May 13th at 11:00am Central discussing how to use data as a competitive advantage with Cosential.
This session spotlights peers in your industry. Don’t skip a beat – make sure you register for other featured sessions to learn from your peers, like Swinerton, and swap best practices from Vaughn Construction, HDR, and more.
2:00pm - 3:30pm (CDT)
How to Land a Whale: Capture Planning for a Mega-Million Dollar Pursuit
Presented by Cynthia Brown & Peter de la Mora, CPSM Director of BD & Marketing – Vaughn Construction; National Accounts Director – HDR, Inc.
This panel discussion will define the capture planning process for landing mega-million dollar pursuits from the differing perspectives of architecture vs construction.
Two senior-level business developers, each with 20+ years of experience, discuss the differences and similarities between how each firm pursues $100+ million projects, and present a case study of how they did it.
Participants will actively create their own capture plans during the presentation, by participating in workbook exercises and then sharing their thoughts with the panel for feedback.
- Identify the four repetitive steps in the capture planning process and how to successfully execute each.
- Understand the nuances and success strategies for pursuing mega-million dollar projects.
- Understand the differences in pursuit strategies for architecture, engineering and construction firms.
- Be able to work with a team of colleagues (internal and external) to chase large pursuits.
Day 7 – Friday May 15, 2020
2:00pm - 3:00 pm (CDT)
Take Your Proposals to the Next Level with InDesign Wizardry Tips
Presented by Julie Shaffer, CPSM Owner – Shaffer Creative
When you use InDesign paragraph, character, and object styles to their fullest extents, you’re able to maximize your design process’s efficiency and consistency.
In this session focused exclusively on creating and implementing InDesign styles, you’ll learn basic style mechanics and proper setup along with how to automate them, making text and object formatting a breeze. You’ll also learn some of InDesign’s new and advanced style features and basic GREP methods to take your styles to the next level for the Cosential Publisher module.
- Attendees will gain an understanding of how to create and modify InDesign paragraph, character, and object styles to develop efficient InDesign templates.
- Attendees will learn best practices in style naming conventions and organization.
- Attendees will become familiar with advanced style features to automate formatting from the Cosential Publisher module, including next styles, nested styles, and GREP.
Day 8 – Wednesday May 20, 2020
11:00am - 12:00pm (CDT)
Ensuring a Successful Enterprise Rollout of Cosential
Presented by Chad Lewis Director of CRM Operations – Swinerton
Swinerton refers to Cosential as the companies most successful technology deployment. Find out why.
Successfully rolling out an enterprise wide platform – at scale – may seem like a daunting task. To truly reap the benefits of a powerful growth platform, like Cosential, it comes down to key understanding of just a few fundamental ideas.
Whether you’ve been using Cosential for years, or are just starting the process of implementation, the journey to a successful roll out and adoption are similar.Join Swinerton’s Director of CRM Operations, Chad Lewis Wednesday, May 20th at 11:00am Central discussing the challenges and triumphs of a large general contractor gaining Cosential user adoption with over 250 users across 19 different offices. During this session you will:
- Learn how to manage, communicate, and create consensus in support of the Cosential platform
- Understand the different approaches and philosophies of Cosential implementation for a large GC
- Gain insight into some of the metrics and factors that went past evaluating and into implementing, rolling out, and continued application of Cosential
Day 9 – Thursday May 21, 2020
11:00am - 12:00pm (CDT)
Make Your Data Work For You: Optimize Cosential for Reporting and Proposal Generation
Presented by Joyce Watson, CPSM Director of Marketing – Cleary Zimmermann Engineers
Do you want to increase your BD and Marketing team’s capacity and efficiency?
- Organize pursuit intelligence and project information to optimize reports that drive business development and pursuit strategy
- Customize every response by generating project sheets, lists, and resumes that fit the specific scope of each proposal
- Transform your existing SOQ formats into usable templates so you can create marketing materials in just a few clicks